Insuring your car is not a matter of choice, it is the law. In fact, it is strictly forbidden to drive a vehicle that is not insured in cities like Avon, Cleveland, Lakewood, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville or Westlake. On the contrary you are free to choose your insurer and the type of protection you need. Today, a variety of auto insurance products are available on the market. It is therefore wise to understand the offers and protections included in the insurance policy before making your choice on what best fits your needs.
1. Determine your needs. Look at your situation as a vehicle owner:
• If you have just purchased a new car, it would be appropriate to opt for comprehensive insurance.
• You’re the owner of a vehicle that is a bit old. As it ages, you may want to alter your auto insurance coverage accordingly.
• You just inherited the old car your uncle Louis. In this case, a basic warranty may be a good option, just to protect you if you cause damage to others.
2. Compare the offers from insurers. In fact, most car insurance policies are similar and include basic protections. You can also add optional coverage, depending on your needs. However, a very important rule can be included: in auto insurance, as in many areas, compare apples with apples. Thus, for each submission to be objective and comparable, give exactly the same information to each of the insurance companies. Normally, insurers determine the amount your premium based on some key factors: the number of drivers, the model and year of the vehicle, the use of the vehicle, etc.
3. Take Action! Do you have questions or would like to request a presentation? Contact your insurance agent for advice you on what kind of protection is best suited for your situation. In addition, make sure to always maintain adequate protection.